A Toronto landlord was fined $12,000 by the Ontario Anti-Human Rights Commission for committing the worst type of crimes possible in our snowflake-friendly, PC world: For wearing shoes on his own property and hurting the feelings of his tenants. According to the Toronto Sun:
His sins? The landlord refused to remove his shoes when showing the bedroom where the couple prayed… [He also sent a racist text] to the couple: “Welcome to Ontario, Canada.”
Perhaps the landlord thought that he lived in a country where the government defended your ability to use your property as you see fit.
- Perhaps he thought he lived in a country where people had a common culture where behaviour and expectations were predicable and agreeable amongst citizens.
- Perhaps it never occurred to him that he is living in a PC snowflake paradise where behaviour and speech is punished by the iron fist of the state.
- Perhaps he thought that being a landlord meant being your own boss.
- Perhaps he thought he was living in 2017 rather than 1984.
- Perhaps he didn’t realize that his $12,000 fine is actually a celebration of success as highlighted in Big Brother Trudeau’s speech “Diversity is Canada’s Strength“:
The importance of diversity can sometimes be taken for granted. But there is no doubt that we’re a better country − a stronger, more successful country − because of it.
Let this be a lesson to all Canadians: Tolerance is not enough. You must appease. You must bow down.
Come on… Let’s make Canada fun again!
In the illustrious words of our dear leader:
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion isn’t about Canadians being nice and polite − though of course we are. In fact, this commitment is a powerful and ambitious approach to making Canada, and the world, a better, and safer, place.
You just can’t make this stuff up.